After her showstopping performance, will fragile Kitty Brucknell be strong enough to survive X Factor?

Her raunchy performance of Feeling Good left the judges stunned last night.
But 26-year-old Kitty Brucknell has reportedly voiced fears that the stress of competing in the X Factor could aggravate a debilitating illness.
The singer is said to have nearly died last year due to a severe case of Guillain-Barre syndrome, which attacks the nervous system.
Scroll down to see Kitty's rendition of Feeling Good...

Fears: X Factor hopeful Kitty Brucknell worries that the pressure of performing will harm her immune system, weakened by Guillain-Barre syndrome
Fears: X Factor hopeful Kitty Brucknell worries that the pressure of performing will harm her immune system, weakened by Guillain-Barre syndrome
Kitty, who qualified last night for the judges' house stage of the competition, is determined to continue fighting for her dream of worldwide fame.
 

The blonde gave her saucy rendition of Feeling Good in a custom-made leotard with flashing lights.
Before taking to the stage, Kitty admitted: 'I couldn’t pay my rent because I bought this costume, it was over £2000.'
Feeling Good: Kitty gave a ranchy performance of the 1965 classic, wearing a £2000 leotard
Feeling Good: Kitty gave a ranchy performance of the 1965 classic, wearing a £2000 leotard
Risk worth taking? Kitty told a friend 'I can¿t let this ruin my chance to be a star'
Risk worth taking? Kitty told a friend 'I can¿t let this ruin my chance to be a star'
'I was going to sprinkle rose petals around the stage, a video backdrop that I created, start off playing piano, put my arm out here and a line would shoot out of my fingers,' she added.
But all of this effort may yet take its toll on the hopeful.
According to The Daily Mirror, Kitty told a friend: 'I know X Factor isn’t the best thing to do after what I have been through. Stress and strain could kill me, if it affects my immune system.'
Parental concern: Kitty's mother worries that being 'badly portrayed' on the show is adding to the strain on her daughter
Parental concern: Kitty's mother worries that being 'badly portrayed' on the show is adding to the strain on her daughter
Despite this huge risk, it seems Kitty remains resolute, as she added: 'But I can’t let this ruin my chance to be a star. I think it’s a risk worth taking.'
The friend told the Mirror: 'Kitty’s an emotional person and really throws her all into performing so the X Factor has already been a very draining ­experience for her.'
'The stress is only going to increase and she’s only going to get sicker,' they added.
Road to success? Kitty is one of the final 32 contestants, reaching the judges' house stage of the competition
Road to success? Kitty is one of the final 32 contestants, reaching the judges' house stage of the competition
An X Factor insider has confirmed to the Mirror that Kitty has passed all necessary health tests for the show.
'No one gets through to the later stages of the ­competition without being subject to ­stringent medical checks,' divulged the senior source.
Kitty collapsed on the stage in tears last night when she heard that she'd made the final 32.
Ready to work: The Overs, Jonjo, Samantha, Jonny, Goldie Cheung, Kitty, Carolynne, Terry and Joe all made it through, though Goldie has since pulled out of the competition
Ready to work: The Overs, Jonjo, Samantha, Jonny, Goldie Cheung, Kitty, Carolynne, Terry and Joe all made it through, though Goldie has since pulled out of the competition
Her mother Mary Edwards claimed that her daughter had suffered due to her being 'badly portrayed' on the programme.
'The whole ­experience has been extremely tough on her and if it gets really bad, I’ll have no hesitation in telling her to pull out,' she admitted.
Kitty’s mentor Louis Walsh said: 'She’s very emotional and very ambitious. She will do anything to be famous. She will do anything I want her to do, and she will have a big, big following.'
Gary Barlow said after Kitty's performance: 'She sounds great, I can¿t stop looking at her, and she is fascinating'
Gary Barlow said after Kitty's performance: 'She sounds great, I can¿t stop looking at her, and she is fascinating'
As the judges discussed her performance afterwards in private, Tulisa said: 'I tell you what 10 out of 10 for effort.'
'She sounds great, I can’t stop looking at her, and she is fascinating,' commented Gary.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More