'Gravity has taken over': Kylie Minogue, 44, admits she is horrified when she sees her own face



Her beauty appears to have defied time and made her one of the most photographed faces.

But the reflection Kylie sees make up-free in the morning is more Spielberg special effect than magazine cover model. 
In a candid interview, the 44-year-old admits that she is increasingly alarmed by what she sees in the mirror.
Ageing gracefully: Kylie Minogue talks candidly about growing older in the new issue of ELLE UK magazine
Ageing gracefully: Kylie Minogue talks candidly about growing older in the new issue of ELLE UK magazine
She said: 'I am not going to lie about this. There are lots of times I look in the mirror and I see that gravity has taken hold. Or suddenly see my face on a phone or on Skype and it’s like a Spielberg special effect and you just scream, "Who is that?".'
The 5ft star who is famous for her love of hot pants also admits that she frequently forgets that she is no longer young.
She says: ‘Sometimes I forget (I am 44) and I think, "I must get those hot pants out of retirement."
'And then some mornings I look in the mirror and I see 94 not 44. That is the reality before the make-up. And midriff tops are definitely out for good.'
Miss Minogue made her confession to Elle Magazine where she poses for a set of pictures looking albino-like with a sleek platinum hairdo.
'Sometimes I forget (I am 44)': Kylie still thinks about wearing her hotpants again
'Sometimes I forget (I am 44)': Kylie still thinks about wearing her hotpants again
And the singer wears a selection of tight, white mini-dresses, showcasing her super-slim figure to dramatic effect.
Next year, she will celebrate 25 years in the music industry having signed up to the legendary Stock Aitken and Waterman record label at the tender age of 19.
Having shot to fame with her catchy single I Should be So Lucky in 1987, many predicted that the plucky star would not stand the test of time.
And a quarter of a century later, Miss Minogue also marvels at her own longevity. 
She said: ‘You look up and 25 years have gone past and I sit there and think, “but I am supposed to be a one-hit wonder”.
The pop star who has maintained a youthful appearance despite her age, has long been rumoured to owe her unlined skin to regular bouts of Botox.
But speaking to the fashion bible, Miss Minogue admits that although she has never resorted to surgery, she wouldn’t rule it out.
Full interview appears in the January issue of ELLE UK, on sale Wednesday 5 December. Also available as a digital edition
Full interview appears in the January issue of ELLE UK, on sale Wednesday 5 December. Also available as a digital edition
She says: ‘I am not against surgery, I haven’t gone down that route yet, I don’t know whether I will but I am not against it. The only time it isn’t amazing is when it’s not done well or someone takes it too far.
And the Australian-born singer admits that she is inspired by the 74-year-old Hollywood star, Jane Fonda.
She says: ‘I look at someone like Jane Fonda. I am a super-fan of hers. She doesn’t apologise (about her surgery) and she shouldn’t have to. We put make-up on every day, we tint, pluck, wax, we do anything to make ourselves look as good as we can and I think it’s pointless being hypocritical about something that if it’s done well can be really good’.
Despite her astronomical success which boasts sales of 68 million records worldwide, the singer experienced a personal low in 2005 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Memories: Kylie in her Spinning Around video in 2000
Memories: Kylie in her Spinning Around video in 2000
After a year of treatment, which involved a partial mastectomy to remove a malignant tumour, followed by eight months of radiotherapy and chemotherapy, the pop star was given the all clear in November 2006.
In the January edition of Elle Magazine, Miss Minogue says that her experience has made her feel a strong affinity with other cancer sufferers.
She says: ‘ Women come up to me in the street and just start talking to me about what they are going through, how they are on tamoxifen (a cancer treatment drug) and its making them feel terrible. I’ll tell them there were times I cried to my doctor begging to come off it, but I did it, I went through it.
'I am still here, I am still working. I just stand there and hug them. I hug them because we both know what they are feeling. I feel very close to every one of them and I think they do to me, it’s not about anything else but what we’ve all been through’.
Miss Minogue who once dated Michael Hutchence, the late lead singer of the band INXS, has been in a relationship with the Spanish model Andres Velenscoso, 34, since 2008.
Having never married or had children, the career woman admits that she doesn’t regret the life decisions she has made.
She says: ‘I’ve dated a lot of guys - some very good-looking, some not so, but I don’t have any regrets. I think I am actually very unconventional. I’ve never been that person who was all about getting married. I love being in relationships but I love my freedom.'
Full interview appears in the January issue of ELLE UK, on sale Wednesday 5 December. Also available as a digital edition.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More